FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE REQUIRED
The 6.5 Grendel provides an extreme range capability for hunting, competition and tactical applications. These ranges are far beyond those previously achievable with the AR-15 style weapon. The 6.5 Grendel has the flexibility to move from lightweight varmint bullets in the 90-grain class, which offer superb accuracy for competition and small game shooting, to mid-weight, 108- to 120-grain competition bullets, and then on to 130- and 140-grain bullets, ideal for longer range, tactical shooting.
The origin of the 6.5 Grendel may be traced back to the Soviet 7.62×39. This was modified for European competition, being necked down to form the 220 Russian. From here, Dr. Lou Palmisano and Ferris Pindel took the case and blew out the shoulder to create the 22 PPC and the 6mm PPC, which currently dominate bench rest competitions. In designing the 6.5 Grendel, the starting position was the PPC design, but it quickly became apparent that the caliber of the PPC was not as flexible as was needed. Early research with a wildcat 6.5 PPC also showed that the case lacked powder capacity, which, in turn, created pressure problems. The final 6.5 Grendel design draws on the PPC, but it is very much its own cartridge. The internal capacity was expanded by shifting the shoulder forward and the wall thicknesses in the neck and shoulder were increased to provide a more robust case capable of being fed within a semi-automatic rifle. Finally, the external taper of the case was adjusted for reliable feed in the magazine.
Compared to the 5.56 NATO, the 6.5 Grendel, with roughly twice the lead mass, gives you the potential for twice the mass of fragments. If maximum fragmentation is coincident with maximum temporary cavity, the terminal ballistics are quite convincing, all in a package that shoots flatter with 50% less felt recoil than 7.62 NATO M80 ball.
– Blackout Defense CompLock™ Lower Receiver with 5 spare LCPs
– Blackout Defense Upper Receiver with or without Forward Assist
– Blackout Defense 15″ Quad Rail Handguard
– Custom Made Flame Fluted 20″ Stainless Steel 416R Match Series Barrel
– Blackout Defense Stainless Steel Case Hardened Black Nitride (SS-CHBN) Takedown & Pivot Pins
– Blackout Defense SS-CHBN Ambidextrous Safety Selector with SS-CHBN Detent
– Blackout Defense o.75 Steel Gas System in High-Temp Red
– Lantac Black Nitrite Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group
– Lantac Dragon Muzzle Break
– Timney Competition Trigger
– Blackout Defense SS-CHBN Anti-Walk Trigger Pins
– Raptor Charging Handle
– Ergo P93 Buttstock
– Magpul AFG2 Angled Foregrip
– Blackout Defense Chrome Silicon Action Sprint
– Blackout Defense SS-CHBN Bolt Catch Plunger & Buffer Retainer
– Large Enhanced Magazine Release
– B.A.D Bolt Release
– Ergo Tactical Deluxe Grip
– 3 x 17 Rounds E-lander Steel Magazine
– Plano All-Weather 42″ Rifle Case
– Abrasive Tungsten Coating
– Lifetime Warranty Against Manufacture Defects in Lower Receiver, Upper Receiver, & Handguard
– Made in U.S.A.
Your firearm purchase will be finalized at the time that you pickup your firearm in person from our store front or from your designated FFL dealer. You may reserve your firearm through our website with any major credit card. For list of FFL dealers near you, please call us at 1 (833) 237-4353 or send us an email to: Sales@BlackoutDefense.com
Please note Blackout Defense is an ITAR compliant manufacturer:
EXPORT NOTICE: This product and/or its components is subject to the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), the Export Administration Act (EAA) as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR, 22 CFR Parts 120-130), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Regulations. Export is strictly prohibited without authorization or a license issued by the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. Any documents, drawings, prints, etc. that can be viewed, downloaded, or printed from our website may contain technical data which may not be exported outside of the United States or released/disclosed to non-US persons (i.e. persons who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents) inside of the United States, without prior written authorization by the relevant US Government agency. Penalties for violation of U.S. export laws and regulations can reach $1,000,000 per violation and include up to 10 years imprisonment.